DESIGN DESCRIPTION/ MEANING
- This product is extremely detailed and playful with a beautiful message.
- The jacket is completely surrounded by bright hand painted butterflies.
- The words “We Will All Laugh At Gilded Butterflies” are written across the back of the jacket. This phrase Is derived from the Shakespeare play, “King Lear”. To gild something means to plate it in gold, a gilded butterfly may look pretty but since a butterfly is so light, gilding it will cause it to be weighed down and lose its freedom and true beauty. The phase is implying how silly it is that people so often willingly give up their all of their freedom and true beauty to materialism and societal standards.
- Each custom denim jacket is hand painted using high quality textile paint that is designed for fabric and will not come off the jacket.
- We recommend spot cleaning when possible and hand washing the jacket.